Indian Head Massage Accredited Diploma Course. This professional massage course will show you how to offer a professional massage for your clients upper back, shoulders, upper arms, neck, scalp and finishing with the face. Your client can remain seated and upright which makes this an ideal add on course for hairdressers and salon therapists.
Indian Head Diploma Course
Learn how to do Indian Head Massage
In this Indian head massage diploma course also sometimes referred to as Champissage massage, you will be taught everything you need to know to offer your clients a full and professional Indian head massage routine. The head represents our nervous system and crown chakra. This is the chakra we use to communicate on a higher and more spiritual level. This is why Indian head massage is considered one of the more beneficial complementary therapies yet works well on both a spiritual and practical level.
Indian head massage can also help with short-term memory difficulties. This is due to our brains getting overloaded with disorganised thoughts, which can make it difficult for us to efficiently ‘log’ and collect thoughts and occurrences.
Indian Head Massage slows us down, sensual awareness takes over, thoughts quieten and awareness is brought to the forefront. Think of it like someone pressing your ‘reset’ button.
Some of the things you will learn in this course are:-
- Introduction to Indian Head Massage
- History of Indian head massage
- How to do Indian head massage
- Indian head massage routine
- Indian head massage techniques
- Physiology & Anatomy of skin, skeleton, muscles and hair
- The effects and benefits of Indian Head Massage
- Working with essential oils
- Learn how to do pertrissage, tapping and hacking massage
- Facial Massage
- Aftercare advise
Approx Study Time: 25-35hrs
When students have successfully passed this course examination, they are issued with a qualification that is recognised by the International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM) the (AADP) and (IICT) Graduates of which will then be eligible to apply to be a board certified holistic health practitioner. You can also purchase this course as part of our holistic package offers with savings of over 50% also included in our Massage Package Offer.
I loved this course as it was really easy to understand. I have always been wary of taking an online course and worried about exams, however with all the help and support from the team and access to the student video library which was great I have now completed my diploma in this subject and could not be happier.Jenny Tyson - South Africa I Found This Course to be very relaxed and did not feel rushed Ronald Byrne – Dublin A fantastic course. I highly recommend to anyone. Great value for money! Simon Mobsby – Southampton – UK
Additional InformationPart 1
- History of Indian head massage
- physiological and psychological benefits of Indian Head Massage
- Behavioural effects of stress
- Chakra system
- Essential oils
- Anatomy of a headache
- Anatomy and Physiology of the skin, skeleton, muscles and hair
- Effects of Massage on the skin, skeleton, muscles and hair
- Names of the Skeletal Muscles
- Contraindications of massage
- Preparation of therapy room
- Massage techniques in pertrissage, tapping and hacking
- How to begin your Indian head massage
- Massage of upper arms,
- Massage of scalp, face and ears
- Reactions and aftercare
- Relaxation techniques for the therapist
- Case studies and how to prepare for them