Diploma Course in Hot Stone Massage
Hot stone massage is a very popular treatment in spas throughout the world. The complete hot stone massage training course is ideal for anyone wishing to learn to apply these special stones (usually basalt) to offer an invigorating and amazing massage treatment.
No previous experience is required and this treatment can be incorporated into many holistic therapy treatments or as a stand alone therapy. Once the stones have been placed correctly and left to do their job then this is often followed up by a holistic massage which offers a more intense and deeper treatment as the heat from the stones helps to penetrate the body and aids in relaxing the muscles on a deeper level that just normal massage. It is recommended that students have a basic knowledge of massage if ordering this course such as basic aromatherapy.
This course can also be purchased as part of our Accredited Massage Package Offer which includes other courses in popular massage treatments.
Approx study time: 30hrs
Some of the things you will learn in this course are:
Health and Safety guidelines
- Setting up your massage therapy room
- A full understanding of the nervous & human Skeletal system
- including the circulatory, lymphatic, digestive, respiratory, endocrine and urinary system
- Hot Stone massage Contraindications
- Stone Placement the correct way
- Massage Techniques and how to apply them
- How to use and prepare the hot stones safely and correctly
- How to complete a full hot stone massage treatment
- Completion of client treatment card
- Aftercare advise for your clients
When students have successfully passed this course examination, they are issued with a qualification that is recognised by the International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM) the (AADP) and (IICT) Graduates of which will then be eligible to apply to be a board certified holistic health practitioner. You can also purchase this course as part of our holistic package offers with savings of over 50%