Ideal Starter Crystal Healing Kit
- Aprox 12 small to medium clear quartz crystals
- 3 to 4 crystals each including Amethyst, Smoky Quartz and Citrine
- Massage Wand
- Chakra Kit including minimum of 7 chakra stones
- Dowsing Pendulum
- A few larger crystals to hold during meditation
- Rose Quartz
Caring for your Crystal Kit
- Keep hard stones separate from softer ones to avoid damage
- Try to keep stones separate, a fishing box or similar is ideal
- handle terminators carefully to avoid chipping (stones or crystals with pointed ends)
- Avoid exposing your crystals to very strong sunlight as colours can fade and fractures can appear
Charging your Crystals
When you first buy your new crystals they should be cleansed and charged ready to work. Your stones should be energetically cleansed before and after each use. Due to crystals absorbing surrounding energy into the internal structure of the stone the crystal can sometimes become overloaded which in turn will reduce the effectiveness and can cause inbalance in the aura.
Cleansing Tips and Options
- Cleanse in running water whilst visulising that any imbalances are flowing away. Place in sunlight to dry however avoid placing crystals that can fade or are water soluble into direct sunlight.
- Incense is an excellent cleanser. Burn incense and pass it over the stones several times and ensure the smoke encompasses the crystals.
- Salt is also an excellent cleanser – place stones in a bowl of dry sea salt. Leave to stand overnight. This is a far better option that using salt water as leaving stones in a soloution of this can corrode the stones.
- Amethyst – Is ideal for charging and cleansing other crystals. Get a large piece or cluster of amethyst and place a clear quartz touching or on the piece. This is a great way to energise, cleanse and charge at the same time.
Another good way to cleanse many stones at once is to use a spray of flower and gem essence. For more information read Working with Crystals Blog